Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 1: Getting to Nice




My flights were fine; I watched "Brothers" on the plane. It was very hard to watch, so I got my scheduled cry in. I got a little sleep on the first big flight, and slept the whole way from Paris to Nice. Flying into Nice was amazing, you fly right over the mountains, then over the beaches, and very close to some impressive kite boarders and windsurfers. I navigated my way to the hostel, which is beautiful, pictures to come. On the short bus ride from the bus to the hostel, I met Amanda, from Texas. After a hot shower with lots of pressure, Amanda, Anna from the UK and I headed to the old city and the beach. We walked around for a long time looking for a reasonable place to eat. We ended up getting sandwiches from a Boulangerie, for under 5 euros. We walked around after, and went down to the pebbly beach. After skipping stones and such, we got back to the tram and here I am.
Nice is big. It is very French and the architecture is beautiful. The old city is charming. It will be interesting to see what is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment